grub-devel

Acer arcade instantOn and grub

From: address@hidden
Subject: Acer arcade instantOn and grub
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:07:33 +0200

Hi all.
i have a nice question for you :)
in many acer laptops there is a second poweron button which is called "arcade
button".
this is a normal power on button, as you can see:

# more /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0002 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button (FF)"
P: Phys=button_power/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input0
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event0
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

I: Bus=0019 Vendor=0000 Product=0001 Version=0000
N: Name="Power Button (CM)"
P: Phys=PNP0C0C/button/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event2
B: EV=3
B: KEY=100000 0 0 0

when laptop is new (read "when you haven't overridden window's bootloader"),
pressing the normal power on button causes a normal boot sequence, but pressing
the arcade button causes a different boot sequence.

i don't really want to restore windows boot loader, so: is there a way to
replicate this job with grub or grub2?

for any further info please ask.

whites

Leggi GRATIS le tue mail con il telefonino i-modeĀ™ di Wind
http://i-mode.wind.it/