grub-devel

Re: help installing grub-ima

From: Andrei E. Warkentin
Subject: Re: help installing grub-ima
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:11:58 -0500

...Because having the ability, to be certain you didn't have a hypervirus or at runtime-binary-patched kernel booted due to a hacked bootloader loading from something like a USB stick, is one step towards "treacherous computing", whatever that is.

I think the SELinux people might object to that. One of the biggest problems with security in Linux is that the Linux kernel is not and cannot be the core root of trust, as it is by far not the first thing running and is not located on unmodifiable medium.

Man, those write-once read-many system-measurement registers are just one step closer to losing the right to read, right? Or maybe to actually be in control of your system from power-on to shell prompt?

Andrei Evgenievich Warkentin
Cell: (+1) (847) 321-15-55