Re: netboot/UNDI status

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: netboot/UNDI status
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:59:51 +0100

Douglas Ward <address@hidden> writes:

> Robert Millan wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:38:31PM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
>>> But to be honest, there are more important issues than networking in
>>> the short term...
>> ACK.  Let's focus on what GRUB excels at, instead of trying to compete
>> with etherboot just yet...
> actually what i need isn't something that competes with etherboot/gpxe
> but something that competes with pxelinux.

I am not a networking expert.  pxelinux means that you load it over
PXE, not that it adds such capabilities?

You can make a PXE binary from GRUB 2.  So GRUB 2 can be transferred
over PXE.  But GRUB cannot access the network after that.  This is
work in progress, but this will not happen the next few months.