grub-devel

Re: grub-emu screen is black.

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub-emu screen is black.
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:04:33 +0100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 08:46:32AM +0100, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if you are aware of this behaviour when a grub.cfg is
> present :
>
> When I start grub-emu, only "GNU GRUB  version 1.95" is shown. The
> menu isn't displayed (I have to press "c" then "esc" twice).
>
> Even worse, If I set "set color_normal=white/black", grub-emu is
> completely black  (I have to press "c" then "esc" twice).

Color support in our ncurses glue might not be complete.  Anyway, as long as
you can type commands I don't see it as a big problem.  Feel free to try
fixing it if you like (check the setcolor/getcolor support in util/).

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)