grub-devel

grub2 resets machine when reading from an xfs filesystem

From: Peter Hicks
Subject: grub2 resets machine when reading from an xfs filesystem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:34:03 +0000

Hello

Please see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=463081 - it
outlines a bug I discovered in the CVS from 20080128, packaged in to Debian
unstable.

It appears that grub is no longer able to read from an xfs filesystem, and an
example 32Mb image is contained in a .bz2 file linked to from the bug page
above.

I can reproduce the problem on qemu, so I don't believe it's limited to my
hardware platform.  To get around the issue, I've copied some files over to
/boot, which is ext3 on my system.

Please let me know if you need any further information on how to reproduce the
problem, I'm happy to help.

Best wishes,

Peter

--