Re: grub-probe fails during grub2 update (Debian)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub-probe fails during grub2 update (Debian)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:07:13 +0200

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 04:34:27PM +0200, Stefan Weil wrote:

> >Could you bring this up in address@hidden  I'd like to have it
> >discussed in upstream.
> >
> Hi,
> see below a test scenario of a grub2 update failure
> which I had sent to Debian's bug tracking system
> (

Thanks Stefan.

I propose that if grub-probe can't find an entry in to convert the
device it just found to a grub drive, it runs grub-mkdevicemap and tries again.

Other approaches would be to kill completely and just pipe the
information from grub-mkdevicemap directly, but I think that might be too

What does everyone think?

Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)