LUKS Cryptography Support

From: Michael Gorven
Subject: LUKS Cryptography Support
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:56:53 +0200

I am currently adding support for LUKS encrypted partitions to GRUB2. Although
I'm far from finished, there are a few issues I'd like to address.

1. I am using the crypto patch submitted by Simon Peter[1][2]. Are there any
plans to integrate this patch, or should I resubmit it as part of my patch?

2. If I am to submit Simon's patch, what remaining issues are there with it?
If there is a problem with the license of the ciphers I can replace them with
suitable implementations.

3. What licenses are suitable for integration with GRUB? Most of the ciphers I
need are available in libgcrypt[3], which is copyrighted by the FSF and under
LGPL 2.1. I am currently using some other code which is under GPL 2
however -- what is the situation with that?

PGP Key ID 6612FE85