grub-devel

[RFC] split floppy support off biosdisk

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [RFC] split floppy support off biosdisk
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:48:19 +0200

Floppy support seems to be a constant source of trouble because it's the
only disk type that can't be probed for reliably without causing unacceptable
delays on some systems.

How would you think about splitting it off biosdisk into a separate module?

This will probably add some code redundancy, but it also saves a small
space in the typical core.img, which is a good trade-off IMHO.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)