Re: Remove conf/*.mk from svn

From: Christian Franke
Subject: Re: Remove conf/*.mk from svn
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:28:44 +0200

Pavel Roskin wrote:
On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 20:41 +0200, Christian Franke wrote:

I agree, the files generated by ./ should be included in tarball, but not in the repo.
Additional prerequisites (autoconf, ruby) for builds from svn are IMO OK.

I agree.

At least we should put a message into *.mk files that would make it
clear that they are generated.

For a release tarball, It IMO also makes sense to include util/ It is platform-independent and rarely changed. This would remove bison from the list of prerequisites.

BTW: should "touch" to be consistent with the Makefile rule for

What difference would it make?

$ patch < patch_changing_configure.ac_or_aclocal.m4

$ ./ # runs autoheader etc.

$ ./configure

$ make # re-runs autoheader because was not updated