grub-devel

Can LUA e coming with future Grub2

From: y.volta
Subject: Can LUA e coming with future Grub2
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:08:13 +0800

hi,

    i get to know the Fancy menu branch has lua supported, and just wondering,
the
official release of Grub2 will have Lua inside ( as a mod )?

    if so, i'm usre, it will extend grub2 much more: for it can load its
function
library and its scripts. Let's suppose we are trying develop a window GUI style
menu
system, just like the XOSL does, we can make this as a lua module, user can
design
its dialog or controls layout in its scripts and 'require ("gui.so");' to have
modern window based menu UI. ;-)

    at the same time, we can also use lua to extend the grub.cfg, isn't it?

y.volta