grub-devel

Re: Problem in configure

From: Clemens Helfmeier
Subject: Re: Problem in configure
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:56:39 +0200

Hi James,

This is a shell thing. It just ensures that the evaluation does not result in
if test = xno; then
(in case the variable is empty) and thus throw an error. with "x" it its like
this for an empty variable
if test x = xno; then
which would work fine for shells.

The x does not affect the result of the evaluation since it is on both sides of
the evaluation.

Bye,
 Clemens