grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2 release?

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 release?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:27:50 +0100

Am Samstag, den 25.10.2008, 15:33 +0100 schrieb Matt Sturgeon:
> when will GRUB 2 be released as stable edition, and will there be an
> installer?

grub-legacy wasn't ever released as stable.
Though it always depends how you define `stable'.
In my opion grub2 is more bugfree then grub-legacy, it just doestn't
have yet every feature from it. For example `map' command and
savedefault/fallback thing, but instead it has RAID/LVM support for
example.

There was some talk about a new release 1.97 but unfortunately both
maintainers are busy with other things so there won't be that soon a new
release, which could be made from my point of view.

--
Felix Zielcke