grub-devel

Re: Menu locks / password authentication

From: phcoder
Subject: Re: Menu locks / password authentication
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 23:37:56 +0100

Michał Radomski wrote:
On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:57:40AM +0100, phcoder wrote:
I would recommend using other hashes that md5 (e.g. whirlpool or sha-2) because it's been depreceated
I chose md5 because it is in grub2 wiki (see command list)
It is not a problem to add sha-2 or whirlpool.

grub1 has been depreceated and command list has been provided as a feature comparison.

Do you already have a copyright assignment?
You mean license? GPL3
No if you want to code for grub2 you have to sign the copyright assignment. look at "contributing changes"
md5 code is based on grub-legacy. Some code is mine, some is from old grub. I hope that this is not a problem...

I think that your design really has to be discussed
--

Regards
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko