grub-devel

GRUB manual

From: Robert Millan
Subject: GRUB manual
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:28:32 +0200

Hi,

I've just reviewed the WIP manual in docs/grub.texi, and removed a lot of
information that is specific to GRUB Legacy (sometimes entire sections).

The remaining text was still written with GRUB Legacy in mind, and is
certainly full of inaccuracies related to that.  If you spot one of those,
there's no need to send a patch for review, please shot on sight (but
please make sure you write accurate ChangeLog entries and update
copyright year).

The manual is still not ready for prime use, as some key sections are
missing.  If someone's interested in adding them, I recommend that the
GRUB Legacy manual is checked, as it will surely contain a lot of
reusable text.

If you wish to document new things, please feel free to propose changes,
or to include documentation blurbs in patches that add new functionality
to GRUB.

Also, perhaps it'd be a good idea to build/install the manual in our build
system, with a disclaimer indicating it's not complete or so.  This would
help us gather attention to it and maybe some help, but it can also be
too confusing for users.  Thoughts?

--
Robert Millan