grub-devel

[RFT] Re: Policy-based memory allocations (was Re: RFC: 1.97 roadmap)

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: [RFT] Re: Policy-based memory allocations (was Re: RFC: 1.97 roadmap)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:35:37 +0200

I have this "thingie" available at my git branches mm and mm+move but
it needs more testing. Unless it's tested enough it should be
postponed and not included in 1.97.
Actually I don't understand why it was proposed to include it in 1.97
at all - it changes memory management, bugs in it are likely to be
critical and benefit is only smaller core. If it was up to me I would
just postpone it. But it's possible to put it in 1.97 if someone tests
it enough.
Personally I think nested partition patch should go in 1.97 since it's
more tested and provides useful feature namely: (together with 2
smaller patches) ability to boot solaris.