grub-devel

Re: pc.mod -> part_msdos.mod (etc)

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: pc.mod -> part_msdos.mod (etc)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:37:59 +0200

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Vladimir 'phcoder'
Serbinenko<address@hidden> wrote:
>>> As was discussed in http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg06210.html
>>> I intend to prefix all partmap modules with "part_" and rename "pc" to
>>> "part_msdos".
> This partition scheme is "PC-style" ans calling it "msdos" effectively
> means miscrediting IBM's work to Microsoft. I don't believe this to be
> correct.

I've done a small research and wasn't able to find where does it come
exactly from but found that PC-DOS was a rebranded MS-DOS. As I don't
want to spend a lot of time researching the origin of this partition
scheme more in details I'm fine with any name.

--
Regards