grub-devel

Re: Report: compil error on OSX for target=i386

From: Yves Blusseau
Subject: Re: Report: compil error on OSX for target=i386
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 19:51:53 +0200

Le 6 sept. 09 à 19:17, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko a écrit :

checking whether target compiler is working... no
configure: error: cannot compile for the target

and if i look into the config.log it's because it use the default apple
linker tool witch don't recognize some arguments:

configure:5882: gcc-mp-4.4 -o conftest -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer- arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -g -Os -falign- jumps=1
-falign-loops=1 -falign-functions=1 -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -m32
-fno-stack-protector -mno-stack-arg-probe -nostdlib
-Wl,--defsym,___main=0x8100   -m32 conftest.c  >&5
ld: unknown option: --defsym
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The problem is my fault. The fixes I added for Apple port check for
Apple's CC whereas some of them should check for binutils. Can you
propose a simple way to check if gcc uses Apple's binutils?

Yep i will try to find a way to compil with Mac Ports version of GCC on MacOSX

Regards,
Yves Blusseau