grub-devel

(no subject)

From: David Howells
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:39:05 +0100

Hi,

I've come across an interesting problem with grub and grub2 booting with only a
serial console: they won't finish booting if they don't have anything plugged
into the serial port.  The moment a serial cable is inserted, they throw up a
menu and continues booting.

The board boots fine with the extlinux variant of syslinux with nothing
attached to the serial port.

I have a Soekris net5501 board, which I'm trying to set up to be a DSL firewall
router box.  There is no video hardware, and there won't normally be anything
plugged into the serial port.

David