grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:06:16 +0800

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is not. A label can have focus (the whole icon+text widget) but panel
> cannot.
>
> It will be impossible to make both focused at once without special trickery.

Hi,

It's possible to make both focused, actually my next demo would be to
illustrate the menu interaction. The basic unit is panel, we can add
"input" or "select" property to panel so that it can have input focus
or can be selected, something like this:

  panel {
    direction = vertical
    space = 10/1
    input = 1

    panel {
      direction = horizontal
      space = 10/1
      command = ""

      image {
        image = "/menu/ubuntu.png"
      }

      text {
        text = "Ubuntu"
        color = "yellow:light-green"
      }
    }

    panel {
      direction = horizontal
      space = 10/1
      command = ""

      image {
        image = "/menu/debian.png"
      }

      text {
        text = "Debian"
        color = "yellow:light-green"
      }
    }

    panel {
      direction = horizontal
      space = 10/1
      command = ""

      image {
        image = "/menu/gentoo.png"
      }

      text {
        text = "Gentoo"
        color = "yellow:light-green"
      }
    }
  }

There are two level interaction, "input" is used to indicate "window",
we use tab key to switch between different window. "command" is used
to indicate "item", each window can have multiple items, we use up or
down key to navigate between items. The command property also contains
the  command to execute when the item is clicked.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/
my fork page: http://github.com/bean123/grub/