grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] Support PXE option and new command pxecfg

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] Support PXE option and new command pxecfg
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:13:13 +0800

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello. Could you send this as a patch?

Hi,

This function depends on my menu branch, it can't be applied to svn
head, so patch file is not very useful.

> Bean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Extends pxe command:
>>
>> -i (--info)  now shows mac and dhcp options
>> -e (--export)  export a dhcp option as grub variable, for example:
>>
>> pxe -e 150
>>

> Why can't this be exported unconditionally on pxe system startup?

Right, perhaps we can export PXE_IP, PXE_MAC and PXE_150 by default,
but this function is also useful in case we need to use other string
option.

>> Set variable PXE_150 to the value of dhcp option 150, you can then use
>> command like source to load it:
>>
>> source ${PXE_150}
>>
>> New command pxecfg, which allows you to run a command based on current
>> ip/mac:
>>
>> pxecfg /pxe.txt
>>

> What's wrong with standard if? I would prefer to extend "if" if
> necessary rather than having ad-hoc command for every condition (later
> is inexpandable)

IIRC the test command can't compare partial string.