Re: success booting hdt.c32 module with memdisk

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: success booting hdt.c32 module with memdisk
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:41:28 +0100

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 08:20:00PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> Though it would be nice to see grub's power to directly load syslinux module
> like this one :-)

If this module is free software, we can adjust it to support a true boot
standard like Multiboot.  Then HDT would be useful in other setups (e.g.
GRUB Legacy or coreboot).

I think a patch that adds Multiboot support to HDT would be more useful
than another standalone loader.

(but failing that, we could have yet another loader, of course)

Robert Millan