grub-devel

Feature request: network devices

From: mardok45
Subject: Feature request: network devices
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:59:30 -0500

I'm attempting to load Grub2 off a DHCP server with Macintosh's (PowerPC) Netboot.

I am able to boot Grub2, but it gives me the following errors:

error: no such disk
Unsupported type network for device last-boot
Unsupported type network for device last-boot
error: no such disk

I'd like to make a feature request to have network device drivers.  It'd be nice to be able to boot off the network and be prompted with a menu that allows you to boot into one of several different Linux environment contained on a server.  Maintenance and imaging are the main things I want to use this for.