grub-devel

Re: Imminent bugfix release (1.97.1)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Imminent bugfix release (1.97.1)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:39:33 +0800

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But now it has a technical problem: it may read post array definitions.
> If any of post-array memory is MMIO or absent reading from it may have
> peculiar consequences
>>     Also, because s1 and s2 have two differents roles, I think it would be
>> best to give them names that better suits them. ;)

Hi,

Right, I think it'd be better to use fixed size array, perhaps we can
define a type grub_password_t for it.

BTW, with fixed size array, the following algorithm should run exactly
the same amount of instruction each time:

typedef char grub_password_t[1024];

int
grub_auth_strcmp (const grub_password_t s1, const grub_password_t s2)
{
  int r1 = 0;
  int r2 = 0;
  int i, *p;

  p = &r1;
  for (i = 0; i < sizeof (grub_password_t); i++, s1++, s2++)
    {
      *p |= (*s1 ^ *s2);
      if (*s1 == '\0')
        p = &r2;