grub-devel

Re: gettext in build system

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: gettext in build system
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:34:49 +0100

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 09:24:08PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> xgettext recognizes languages either by checking the file suffix or via
> explicit command-line option.  However 10_linux.in doesn't end in .sh and
> --language=Shell in the generic xgettext call would break detection of C
> files.
>
> Is there a solution that doesn't involve renaming 10_linux.in nor maintaining
> a separate list of files for Shell language?

We need to look at what tricks intltool uses for this, as GNOME translates
desktop files and other "unusual" files using .in files. Can't do that
right now though, I need to go to bed RSN.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/