grub-devel

people vs branches

From: Robert Millan
Subject: people vs branches
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:22:42 +0100

Hi,

Just a few quick notes about people and branches directories:

  - people is for private stuff you don't want anyone else to touch.

  - branches is for shared trees you'd like other developers to collaborate
    with.

  - they're not mutually exclussive.  it might make sense to branch off
    branches/ to people/ for a given change, or to branch someone's people/
    branch into branches/ so you can modify something, and so on.

  - everyone is welcome to add stuff in branches/, no need to ask for
    permission.

--
Robert Millan