grub-devel

Re: new function: grub_printfnl

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: new function: grub_printfnl
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 23:15:06 +0000

Hello,

On Dec/01/2009, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 08:07:09PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > Gettextizzing files I have a very common situation:
> > > grub_printf ("Bla bla bla\n");
> > Uhm I wonder what's the common approach to this.  Maybe Jordi or someone
> > else can tell?
>
> I think this is going too far. I don't think there's a need to remove all
> trailing nl's if the string is not going to be repeated in other slightly
> different ways, because adapting this means making the code a bit
> less readable for what I'm seeing.

grub_printf ("Bla bla bla\n");

VS

grub_printfnl ("Bla bla bla");

I would say is quite similar to read. But the pros of changing is not
maybe enough to change (and talking with translators they don't see
problems to have \n...)

I would like to do it on this weekend (after commiting other patches if
possible). So, what I should do?

I really don't mind, but I prefer to agree with everybody to not do it
two times.

I'm always talking and thinking about the endline new line. The
beginning of lines that was looking like "\n\n    " or similar will be
out of the translation string.

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info