grub-devel

Re: var=foo should be valid?

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: var=foo should be valid?
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 21:55:58 +0000

Hi,

On Dec/04/2009, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 06:39:36PM +0000, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > (first one has a bug but very easy to fix, even thought I would maybe
> > refactor this code to implement in other way)
>
> Can you give more details about this bug and the refactor that would be
> needed?

Find attached the simple patch (without refactoring) (it resets
grub_errno _before_ grub_env_set, because grub_env_set calls the hooked
functions).

The refactoring would be in file script/execute.c, function
grub_script_execute_cmdline. See the attached file set_refactor.patch
for the idea.  It's more work/things in Grub but I think that more
robust since now will be the same code using set or without using set.
Of course, maybe this extra-complexity is not needed.

I have not looked into the Grub parser: maybe the extra-best place to
implement it it's there, but I'm not familiar with Lex/Yacc/Bison/... .

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info