grub-devel

Re: autogen.sh warnings

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: autogen.sh warnings
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:20:21 -0600

Felix Zielcke wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 00:05 -0600 schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
On the other hand, config.guess is used to get build_cpu and build_os and I don't see that being used at all right now by grub.

Well just after the part you quoted from me, I thought I made it clear
that the output of config.guess is used as an argument for config.sub
So you just need both. At least as long as autoconf doestn't get
changed.

Exactly. I originally said that config.guess was required by configure even though the output not used. As you pointed out to me, config.sub output is used.

This all goes back to the overall build process. I've been thinking about it a lot, but I'm not ready to offer any suggestions yet.

  -- Bruce