From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:28:36 +0100

Bruce O. Benson wrote:
> 2009/12/29 Bruce Dubbs <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>>
>     Bruce O. Benson wrote:
>                 I have examined the hierarchy of the manual and it
>                 currently has the
>                 structure below.  I also did some research and propose
>                 a different
>                 layout, also shown below.
>         The current layout of the grub2 manual is actually here:
>     >From one Bruce to another:
>     The content of bzr trunk/docs has a file, grub.texi.  Line 6 says:
>      @settitle GNU GRUB Manual @value{VERSION}
>     The wiki is indeed helpful, but not the official GRUB Manual.
>      Both 'Manuals' are terribly incomplete.
> Yes Bruce, I certainly stand corrected.  My post probably sounded more
> presumptuous than helpful.
> If I:
> - ...merged the contents of both existing documents into a new one...
> - ...that adhered to the outline you enumerated...
> - ...assigned copyright to FSF...
> - ...rendered in texi, html, and pdf.
> ...Would that be useful for someone to check in to trunk/docs?  I
> don't wanna get deep into a piece of work like that if it's not wanted.
Be careful when merging with documents from wiki. Don't use content
written by someone else. Histors of lists
only 100 last revisions. It contains only you, Felix, chernomor
<>, Karl Kashofer and Chris Kandle.
Assuming you sign copyright assignment then:
-chernomor's contribution is just wrong
-Karl's contribution is a link to another document
So these 2 should be just removed
Chris' edit is correct but copyright-insignificant so it should be kept
and needs no assignment
Unfortunately I was unable to check revision prior to r48