grub-devel

Re: grub.info

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub.info
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:18:16 +0100

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 01:04:47PM -0500, Bruce O. Benson wrote:
> 2009/12/31 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>
>
> > Bruce O. Benson wrote:
> > >
> > > 2009/12/30 Bruce Dubbs <address@hidden
> > > <mailto:address@hidden>>
> > >
> > >     Bruce O. Benson wrote:
> > > All contributors can safely, legally add/merge/move stuff there if
> > > desired, delete anything/everything I wrote, add attributions I could
> > > not find, etc.
> > >
> > It's not how it works. For the documentation to be accepted to GNU
> > project contributors have to sign legal papers.
> > Now I'm going to comment on value of manual:
> > "Installation via Package Management" is distribution-specific so it's
> > inappropriate for upstream manual
> > "Building / Installation from Source" is a part of INSTALL and we
> > already have this
> > "Utilities" - description of tools is inappropriate. User doesn't care
> > if it's ELF or text file but how to use them.
> > "Pre-Boot" - is wrong. MBR doesn't point anywhere it's executable code.
> > "grub-rescue" part is wrong too
> > "Lua shell" is part of grub-extras, not grub itself.
> > In whole the manual is vague, contains inappropriate or inexact
> > information.
> > If we merge any part of this manual into bzr we would need to proofread
> > every patch
> >

> This is the typical problem of contributing complaints vs. code.

Bruce, there's absolutely no problem with Vladimir helping with review of
code, documentation and proposals in general.  In fact, I find this very
helpful.

You too are welcome to provide your feedback and participate in the
discussions.  If you do this, I will appreciate that you stay on topic
and respectful to others.

Thank you

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi