grub-devel

Re: xorriso and EFI boot images

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: xorriso and EFI boot images
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:46:35 +0200

Hi,

i have uploaded
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-0.5.5.tar.gz
with version timestamp 2010.04.29.133234.
It can now process up to 32 different boot
images, with all El Torito parameters
adjustable (if anybody finds a use for them).

This is a release candidate as far as boot images
are concerned.

So please make regression tests with your use
cases and operating systems, whether it compiles
and whether it produces bootable ISO 9660 images.

I made own GRUB 1.98 tests on GNU/Linux with
CD-RW, DVD+RW, and USB stick. Single-session and
multi-session. What i cannot test yet is EFI.
I only know that the EFI entries in the boot
catalog look theoretically ok and that EFI
boot images were not patched by a boot info
table.

Release of xorriso-0.5.6 is planned in about a
week, if no obstacles or urgent last-minute
wishes arise.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas