grub-devel

GCC 4.5

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: GCC 4.5
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:08:42 +0200

Hello, all. I've noticed that GCC 4.5 is released and is available in
debian. With this version -mregparam=3 bug is fixed. So I intend to
remove all NESTED_FUNC_ATTR and use -mregparm=3 only on gcc >=4.5 and
-mregparam=1 otherwise. This has the disadvatantage of increasing binary
size with pre-4.5 gcc but it also greatly reduces the bug surface and so
will eventually result in better quality. Any oppositions?
I do not intend to require gcc 4.5, only highly recommend it.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko