grub-devel

Re: update-grub & Xen boot stanza generation

From: Isaac Dupree
Subject: Re: update-grub & Xen boot stanza generation
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:45:24 -0400

On 05/24/10 00:48, Joey Korkames wrote:
 This is aready worked on but the problem is that it generates too much
entries. If you have 5 different versions of hypervisor and 10
different
kernels you have 100 entries.

What if I add a max_entries option. Say, don't generate more than 4
stanzas total. Although I suppose then I need to go through and pick
the most recent kernel and hypervisor versions.

It feels like a kludgy solution

It seems like the non-kludgy setup (while avoiding quadratic menu sizes) would be one in which, in one menu you pick which Xen hypervisor, and in the next menu you pick which Xen kernel. Is that feasible to implement? useful?

-Isaac