grub-devel

Re: Fallback to scanning OF tree if no devaliases

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fallback to scanning OF tree if no devaliases
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:57:24 -0400

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:57:50AM -0400, Doug Nazar wrote:
> I'm guessing the ',' throws everything for a loop. Grub is probably
> interpreting it as a partition. Interesting little quirk. Have to think
> about how to handle that. Escaping is probably too intrusive. I guess
> substitution or abandon the idea.
>
> How common is it not to have nvalias's? Is that usual operating procedure?

As far as I can tell, on an IBM it is not normally done, although you can.

I am personally fine having to do it to get the box working, which it
now does.  Everything else currently works (well except grub-install
which is currently clueless about IBM machines, but I filled a bug with
details on that).

--
Len Sorensen