grub-devel

RE: LPT

From: Jordan
Subject: RE: LPT
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:06:27 -0700

Kirill,

Creating a new module is the easy part.  As a newbie myself, recently I
found this blog helpful: http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2010/06/grub2-modules.html
.

As far as writing C or assembly code to talk to the LPT port, there are
plenty of articles out there (like this one:
http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/A_tutorial_on_Parallel_port_In
terfacing.html ) that show what I/O addresses are generally used for what.

Jordan Strub