LUKS support in grub2

From: Miguel Landaeta
Subject: LUKS support in grub2
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:10:57 -0430

Is there any plan to add support for LUKS to grub2 in order to boot
from a full encrypted disk?

I ask because in 2009 I found a patch from Michael Gorven
(actually I even found a HOWTO[1] describing that feature)
for grub2 1.97 with that feature already implemented but it was
never merged, so I was wondering what happened with that.

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at