From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: GRUB_THEME
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:20:23 +0100

On 01/25/2011 01:10 PM, Alberich de megres wrote:
> Using gfxterm, is now booting with a 800x600 resolution.
> But i still could not change menu layout using a theme file:
> I put GRUB_THEME=/path/to/theme.txt on etc/default/grub file, did
> grub-mkconfig but nothing happens, not even  a single line is added to
> grub.cfg file referencing the theme.txt file.
Usually means that you have 2 GRUBs in your system: in /usr and
/usr/local and the one you launch is in /usr/local which uses
> Also i tried manually add set theme=/path/to/theme.txt and set
> menuviewer=gfxmenu + insmod gfxmenu, but it didn't worked.
menuviewer variable isn't used anymore. Be sure to use path the way how
GRUB sees it. Also check that all theme components are present. If even
a single file is missing, the theme won't be loaded.