grub-devel

Re: luks testing and source deb pkg

From: Lukas Anzinger
Subject: Re: luks testing and source deb pkg
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 07:47:25 +0100

I attached the contents of my debian folder which I used to build
proper packages out of revision 3520 from trunk. It's only tested on
x86 and the efi parts have been *removed* from the Debian package.
This is due to a bug in the grub build system (?) which I reported
here (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2011-10/msg00048.html).
I didn't investigate any further since I don't need it. I removed some
patches that have already been applied to upstream (i.e. trunk) and
some patches that would need further work.

Before you can create the packages, you have to sync the translations
to the "po" directory of grub. Just read the README in the "po"
directory. After installation you have to add
"GRUB_CRYPTODISK_ENABLE=y" to /etc/default/grub.

# grub-install --debug
# update-grub

Make sure that the contents of your fstab file is correct and
everything is encrypted!

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 19:31, James M. Leddy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please let me know where I can find this tree so that I can test myself.
> Additionally, if you know if it should "just work" to just install the
> Debian version to Ubuntu, please let me know. I'm a recent convert from
> Fedora so a lot of this is new to me.

You could try, however, I would never do it on a production system but
rather in an VM.

2011/11/2 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>:
> Could you make a small 1MiB example image, compress and send it to me?

Do you mean the core.img created from the latest revision without any
modifications?

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 23:56, James M. Leddy <address@hidden> wrote:
> $ bzr branch lp:~jm-leddy/+junk/grub-luks

Seems to me that you used the luks branch from grub. luks has already
been integrated into trunk there is no need to do that.

Regards,

Lukas