grub-devel

Re: Stall due to babble when reading card ATR from CCID device using UHC

From: Aleš Nesrsta
Subject: Re: Stall due to babble when reading card ATR from CCID device using UHCI
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 22:21:29 +0100

Hi,

AFAIK, the babble is fatal bus error which should not normally occur, so
if You get it regularly, there is probably something wrong in protocol
data / parameters / request sent into device.
I expect that only reset of the device or some class-specific reset can
help in recovery. Try see into related CCID class specification or USB
1.1 specification for bubble recovery.
Unfortunately I don't know USB CCID class device protocol (and I have no
time to study it yet...), so I cannot help You more.

BR,
Ales