grub-devel

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] firewire IEEE 1394 (ohci) module

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] firewire IEEE 1394 (ohci) module
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:13:43 +0100

Robert wrote:

(as far as Linux is concerned, currently I help me using FiWi by
special updates etc.)

Note: I remember the first installation of Grub into the internal HD MBR while installing Debian 6 on Firewire: Where was no warning, but on reboot the Laptop was dead on the rescue prompt of Grub (which could do only 'ls' and nothing else). "error: device not found" or so. and even the original Windows on intern could not be started.

Maybe there can be added a check&warning at install time if Grub cannot load its own modules (which obviously remained on the Firewire parititition.)

Robert