grub-devel

Various build failures in current bzr tree

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Various build failures in current bzr tree
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:02:04 -0500

I am trying to build a powerpc build using the current bzr tree, and
have hit a few problems so far.

I am trying to use gcc-4.4, which seems to cause issues with -Werror.
I think that is gcc's fault, and --disable-werror gets around that,
so not a big deal.

I am hitting bug #35452 of course caused by commit r3826, but even after
fixing that, commit r38xx does the same thing to another set of files.

I also hit that grub_arch_dl_get_tramp_got_size isn't defined.  It appears
it was cleaned up for powerpc as being unused recently, but dl.c still
says that powerpc has it (along with ia64).  Removing powerpc from:

#if defined (__ia64__) || defined (__powerpc__)
  grub_arch_dl_get_tramp_got_size (e, &tramp, &got);

seems to fix that.

Should I file bug reports, or will someone just fix these?

--
Len Sorensen