grub-devel

Re: Contributions

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Contributions
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 20:08:51 +0000

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 04:25 Nicole <address@hidden> wrote:
I've looked carefully at both the parser and the lexer. It's a long
while since I've used either of these tools, but I can find no reference
to anything that does arithmetic. The only instance of plus signs that I
can find are in the regular expressions and in the C code. There appears
to be no provision to recognise a "$((" - the parser seems to expect
only a variable name (with or without enclosing braces). "$[" is used
for arrays in bash - in any case the lexer doesn't recognise it.
I think you misunderstood me. The is no arithmetic currently. What I meant is that they may be better integrated if they are done using bash syntax rather than by having a separate command.

Nicole