grub-devel

Re: Current Projects

From: Daniel Kiper
Subject: Re: Current Projects
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:33:38 +0100

Hi Levi,

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 08:53:56PM -0700, Levi Bradford wrote:
> Hello!
>
> As a longtime user of GRUB, I find myself owing to those who helped
> make this excellent system. In return for your usefulness, I want to
> aid in development. I haven’t been able to find any current “project
> lists.” I am making myself familiar with the code, but after that, I
> would love to help the developer team.

Great!

> Is there any chance someone could point me in that direction? I have
> moderate C and ASM experience. Are there any menial tasks that need
> completing? I’m sorry if this question is out of place.

I think that you could take a look at http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=grub
Then choose task suitable for you (some of them on the list are done but
not marked as such; hence it is worth checking git log before committing
to work; even marking such tasks as done would help us), prepare a patch
and send it to the list. Please be patient. Quite often it take some time
to get a reply.

Thank you for volunteering!

Daniel