gtick-devel

Re: [Gtick-devel] Cant get GTICK working

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: Re: [Gtick-devel] Cant get GTICK working
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:27:55 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 21:40, Pedro Lambert wrote:
> Please I need a little help here. I'm an inexperient user of linux, and
> I would like to know wich is my sound device. I use Slackware 10 wich
> the default sound system is Alsa.

Try /dev/dsp, /dev/dsp0 or /dev/dsp1. Currently, ALSA is only indirectly
supported via the OSS compatibility layer which should be activated in
ALSA (e.g. kernel-config CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL and CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS in
linux, at least in 2.6.8).

Direct ALSA support is planned and anticipated and hopefully integrated
soon.

> I tryed to use /dev/mixer but the program closes and I get an error
> mensage:
> "Note: Can't generate samples due to unsupported format.
> Floating point exception".

The output of "gtick -d1" would be interesting here.

bye,
  Roland