gtick-devel

Re: [Gtick-devel] Cannot use Gtick 0.4.2

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: Re: [Gtick-devel] Cannot use Gtick 0.4.2
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 23:05:38 +0200

Hi Jiří,

On 04/04/12 22:31, Jiří Kovalský wrote:
> How do I download GTick 0.5.0? I didn't find any way to achieve this. :(
> As for the second hint, I apologize but that's all Greek to me. :) In
> synaptic I see that oss-compat is installed but I cannot run it from
> console (command not found). Can you lead me how it can "give me /dev/dsp"?

Good news is: looks like Mint is based on Debian, bad news is: you have
oss-compat installed which works for me with Debian just like that, but
not for you.

Better try GTick >= 0.5.0 to make use of Pulseaudio:

1) Binary version from Debian:

Add the line

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main

to /etc/apt/sources.list and install the Debian gtick package - maybe it
also works in Mint. You can use synaptic for configuring the above input
location.

2) Source version: Get the gtick*.tar.gz tarball from
http://www.antcom.de/gtick/ and compile+install as written on this
homepage. Note that you possibly need further development packages
included in your distribution for that. So better first try the Binary
Version as written above.

HTH,

Roland