Re: Making guardians a module?

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Making guardians a module?
Date: 07 Dec 2000 19:28:33 +0100

I've not read this discussion for real yet.  However, I'm a little
surprised that there should be this amount of trouble with the
guardians.  Usually, Dybvig's brain-children are very nice to work
with.

Did you read Dybvig's paper recently?  I think he discusses some of
the details of implementation.  Are you sure that this problem is real
and not due to a different reading of the paper?

  http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/papers/guardians-pldi93.ps.gz

We can probably regard Dybvig's Petite Chez as a reference
implementation:

  http://www.scheme.com

Does Petite show the same problematic behaviour as Guile?

(Knowing you guys, it probably *is* a real problem, just wanted to
point you to the paper and the implementation.)