Re: SRFI-13 implementation available

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: SRFI-13 implementation available
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:59:54 +0200

> From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
> Date: 27 Mar 2001 23:20:13 -0600
>
> Ariel Rios <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > That is exactly what I think. srfi should be a part of the guile
> > distribution
> >
> > loaded as a separate module if needed but not part of of the main
> > libgule.so
>
> > Maybe libgulesurfi.so?
>
> I tend to like (use-modules (srfi srfi-N)), but with at least the 1.4
> module system, that would imply libsrfisrfi-N.so.  I'm not sure what
> Marius finally decided about how the library names should be matched
> to use-modules statements, name-wise or path/location-wise.

I am currently using a Scheme module
(<prefix>/share/guile/srfi/srfi.scm) which loads the shared library
<prefix>/lib/libguile-srfi-srfi-13.so and exports all bindings from
the C library.  I think that is a clean solution, and the shared
object could be named whatever we want (I am right now using the
naming Marius suggested in an older post).

Regards,
  'martin