Re: guile-vm 0.4

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.4
Date: 08 Apr 2001 16:54:44 -0500

Keisuke Nishida <address@hidden> writes:

> This is the latest snapshot of my Guile VM implementation:
>
>   http://home.cwru.edu/~kxn30/guile-vm-0.4.tar.gz

I played with it a bit and so far it works fairly well.  Given that
bit of success, of course, I had to try and really punish it, so I
wired it in to gnucash and am trying to load some of our source.

I've had more luck than I thought I would, but I noticed that the vm
doesn't seem to like variable argument lists:

  $ PATH=/usr/local/opt/guile-cvs/bin:${PATH}
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/opt/guile-cvs/lib guile-vm
  Guile Scheme interpreter 0.4 on Guile 1.4.1

  Enter `,help' for help.
  address@hidden> (define (foo bar baz . rest) (list bar baz rest))
  address@hidden> (foo 1 2 3)
  ERROR: Wrong number of arguments