Re: 1.6.0 release update.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 release update.
Date: 03 May 2001 13:30:26 -0500

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any plans about what should be done before a release?
> Personally, I would like to see the Reference Manual finished, but I
> think that is too much work to get done...

There is the stuff in RELEASE, much of which is gone now as I've
already done it :>, but other than that, if people have important
things that won't take very long, that's fine, but at this point, I
think we need to shift a little more in the direction of "release
early/release often" than trying to make sure everyting is perfect
before doing anything.

To me the key question is "Would a release now be a significant
improvement over the last release (i.e. 1.4)?", and IMO the answer is
a clear and resounding YES.  So I think we should go ahead.