Re: scm_string_hash suboptimal?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: scm_string_hash suboptimal?
Date: 29 May 2001 19:25:31 -0500

Florian Weimer <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there some large, non-interactive, easy-to-install Scheme
> application out there?  I would like to do some real-world test with
> the interesting functions (Guile, RScheme, GCC, and the one mentioned
> below).

Well it fails the "easy to install" criterion right now, but on other
fronts, telling gnucash to generate a large report (which should be
possible without invoking the gui using --execute or --load), would
certainly hammer on hashtables and a whole lot of other things.  For a
5000 transaction data file, grinding through a full transaction report
takes a minute or so.